Sunday, May 20, 2007

Heads or Tails?


OK, this post will be short since I have to finish my PowerPoint, video for cinematography, exercise, math homework, etc.

As some of you know, May is the election month for most countries. It is also in the Philippines, where "violence and cheating win the polls" and my home country. What I found bewildering about this election in the Philippines was that two people running for the last seat in the council had tied. The election was on a small mountain town, so low voter turnout was expected.

What the two councilman did was even more bewildering. They tossed a coin and bet on either the heads or tails. For me, it didn't matter who won, but the fact that their dilemma was solved with a simple resolution and that sportmanship still existed was heartwarming.

No comments: